Mascara Fail!❤

Hey beauties. I bought Revlon Lash Potion mascara a few weeks ago and I wanted to share my thoughts and reviews on it. I have to say this mascara had a little bit of a hype around youtube so as always I wanted to try it for myself. I picked it up in Superdrug for £9.99 I know a little over priced right? but I had to, I am a makeup addict what can I say :)
picture off superdrug website

What I thought of the packaging!
My first thought when I saw this on youtube was how pretty it looked, So girly and colourful. When I seen it in Superdrug it was more glossy and the colours were pretty. It would look pretty in a makeup bag or on your beauty shelf at home. It really stood out and I think that's what happened with a lot of people the packaging caught peoples eye. ( well done Revlon for excellent packaging ) 

What I thought about the brush and application!
I took the brush out of the tube and I noticed the brush was not thin like the L'Oreal telescopic mascara. It was a big brush which kind of threw me off a bit because big brushes always are a fuss with me, they get a bit messy. When I applied it to my lashes I got mascara all over my lid ( the big brush's fault ) I found the mascara was so wet and hard to apply. When I brush my lashes with this mascara it feels to big to do the job. I cant get in the corner because the brush is to big, I cant go on my bottom lashes because I end up getting mascara all over my cheeks and face. The mascara was to wet and thick, I knew it was going to make my lashes clump.

How did my lashes feel and look?
My lashes felt horrible. Very wet and clumpy, I had lashes sticking together. I saw no volume or lift to my lashes which was disappointing. My lids had more mascara on than my lashes. No matter how heavy or light you go with this it makes your lashes stick together and it creates spider lashes. Its not a nice look you want to achieve. 

Overall opinion?
NO NO NO! just a terrible mascara for me. It does not work, I can't work with it. Very clumpy, Very messy and very thick. The packaging is the only thing I like about it. SO sad Revlon!!! 

What do you girls think about the Revlon Lash potion mascara? Does it work for your lashes or do you have the same problem as me!? let me know in the comments. Xxx

Makeup with Kimmy ❤ xo
  1. What a shame :( I've always wanted to try this because of the cute packaging, but what a disappointment.

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Packaging will pull you in, but honestly don't purchase not worth it, such a let down! xx

      Delete
  2. I have the waterproof version of this mascara and I like it but it is a bit clumpy x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives